Wash basin accessories
- Washbasins and vanity counters should have a knee space beneath
- Should be a minimum 800 mm wide and 1400 mm deep clear floor space in front of accessible washbasins
- In general accessories should have operable portions between 900-1200mm above floor.
- Faucets should be electronically controlled or have a single long lever-style handle that is operable with a clenched fist.
- Faucets should not self-close
- Hot water and drain pipes beneath accessible washbasins should be insulated.
- Top of washbasin: 850mm from floor
- Centre line of wash basin to closest wall – 450mm minimum
- Centre line of faucet to edge of wash basin: 500mm maximum
- Height of dispensers and dryers: maximum 1200mm above floor
- Mirror height: 1000mm maximum above floor