- Accessible path gradients should be maintained at kerb cuts where possible.
- Truncated dome detectable warning surface to be used.
- Floor materials need to be firm, stable and slip resistant.
- Kerb cuts should avoid water pooling by draining water away from path of travel.
- The flared sides of kerb cuts should be distinct colour contrast to surrounding surfaces.
Tactile warning surface
- Detectable tactile warning surfaces at kerb cuts required
- Warning paving should extend full width of kerb cut
- The change of level between kerb cut and roadway should be 10-15mm high