External path width
- The clear width of an accessible path should be above 1800mm.
- When there is proven to be restricted space, a minimum of 1200mm may be allowed.
- Materials of contrasting colour and texture should be used to define the edge of an accessible path.
- Where the size of path is below 1800mm then there needs to wider passing places for two wheelchairs to pass easily.
- Passing places should be spaced at not more than 30 metres apart.
- Passing areas should be set back from accessible paths so not to cause obstruction to movement