- A ramp run that has a rise greater than 150mm should have handrails located on both sides of the ramp
- Upper and lower handrails should be provided on each side of the ramp
- Upper handrail located at 875-925 mm
- Lower handrail located 600-750 mm above the ramp surface.
- The clear width between ramp handrails should be 950-1100 mm apart
- Edges of ramps and landing areas should be protected with wall, guard or screen
- Guard rails should comply with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Building Code.
- Colour contrasting strip 40-60 mm wide across the full width of the ramp at the top and bottom of the ramp
- Handrails should return to post or wall.